Subject: Re: 1.6 on IPC (tagged queuing bug still there)
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Olev Hannula <hannula@hot.ee>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/08/2002 23:09:29
Manuel Bouyer wrote:

>On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 03:12:07PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
>Yes, I know. But the issue was what to do for 1.6. It's too late to
>disable tagged queuing for esp100 only (needs changes to a MI driver).
>The only thing we could do is disable tagged queuing for esp on sparc.

Ok, then disable it? And maybe 1.6.1 has it enabled for non esp100
(since we don't need any list of non working tagged queuing drives for
esp100, esp100 does not support it and no other list of drives that work
or don't work with tagged queuing changes nothing). And for 1.6, add
some documented kernel option for tagged queuing as was said on this
thread earlier, I think that this would be the best thing to solve this
problem.

T.Olev