Subject: Re: 1.6 on IPC (tagged queuing bug still there)
To: NetBSD/sparc Discussion List <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/08/2002 20:31:40
On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 02:19:56PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> Yes.  Well, it may be a driver issue for ESP100, but I've not yet had
> any problems with ESP200 and any drives that worked with SunOS (4 or 5),
> or in most cases I've tried with other NetBSD drivers that used tagged
> queuing.

I think we got only one report for ESP200.

> > Peoples do exange disks between hardware of different classes much more than
> > you seem to think.
>
> I don't know where you got that idea of what you think I might think,
> but you've got it backwards.  I do know very much that people move
> drives around (myself included) which is why I say any change to disable
> tagged queuing must be done across the board on all ports and on all
> drivers, even the scsipi-enabled ones.  All or nothing.  Fair is fair.

All drivers are scsipi-enabled.
I agree if the problem is that drives don't support tagged queuing.
But I think the problem isn't here. It's more a driver issue, in which
case disabling tagged queuing only for this driver until it's fixed
is the right thing to do.

I think we already have most of the buggy drives in the quirk database.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>