Subject: Re: Xfree86 4.2.1 for NetBSD/sparc? (HEADS UP: XFree86 4.2.1 imported)
To: NetBSD/sparc Discussion List <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/07/2002 12:31:43
[ On , September 6, 2002 at 21:06:32 (-0700), Wolfgang Rupprecht wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: HEADS UP: XFree86 4.2.1 imported
>
> Ok, my poor ss5 finally finished the compile.  The trivial path-name
> changes produce a working Xsun.  Folks with suns might want to ditch
> the old Xfree 3.x and try 4.x.

[[ patch deleted, port-sparc readers can find it in current-users archives ]]

What benefits might we expect?  Can I get a smaller _and_ faster xserver
for bwtwo?  With tgx, etc.?  Are any of the 24-bit sbus framebuffers
fully supported?  Are any of the sbus boards with hardware accelleration
fully supported?

--
								Greg A. Woods