Subject: Re: 1.6 on IPC (tagged queuing bug still there)
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/06/2002 15:52:40
[ On Friday, September 6, 2002 at 09:34:18 (-0700), Matthew Jacob wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: 1.6 on IPC (tagged queuing bug still there)
>

> My take on things is that adding things to the quirk table is a bit of a
> tail chasing exercise. You should do it if you expect the disks to show
> up on all platforms. But this case is much more one of "these disks were
> shipped with SS1, SS2 and SS10 and nobody will see them much outside of
> sun pizza box".

SS1 and SS2, maybe, but SS10?  I'd sure like to see more proof of that.
The SS10 was released in 1992.  SunOS-5 wasn't much afterwards and it
used tagged queuing by default with QA'ed and approved drives.

Besides drives that actually shipped with anything but the last batch of
SS1 and SS2 systems are probably all dead by now.  Mine certainly are
and they didn't have the worst of working environments by far.

--
								Greg A. Woods