Subject: Re: 1.6 on IPC (tagged queuing bug still there)
To: NetBSD/sparc Discussion List <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/05/2002 17:25:36
[ On Thursday, September 5, 2002 at 13:32:49 (-0700), Matthew Jacob wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: 1.6 on IPC (tagged queuing bug still there)
>
> Oh, well, do what you like then. I won't bother with NetBSD on these
> platforms then.

I do not understand your response.  The issue you are concerned about
w.r.t. the upcoming NetBSD-1.6 release is already handled in a far more
general way _in_that_release_.  If you have a buggy drive that does not
handle tagged queueing properly, even though it says it can, you will be
able to use that drive not only on _any_ sparc with any and every
revision of the ESP host adapter, but also on any other system or host
adapter supported by NetBSD-1.6 and which uses the SCSIPI mid-layer.

If your particular buggy drives do not happen to be listed in that table
yet then the obvious thing to do is to patch the table (and submit a PR
with the patch).

--
								Greg A. Woods