Subject: Re: which would handle nat better
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/02/2002 10:18:19
On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 09:16:31AM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:

> 	Just to be different: Use the ss2 and use raidframe to mirror
> 	two disks for redundancy

i don't know how different that is, that's how i setup all of my machines. :)

(and by all machines i mean NetBSD, Solaris and OpenVMS as OS)

> (disks do not need to the be same size,
> 	just just mirror a section the same size, and use the rest as
> 	ordinary scratch partitions)

there are a lot of RAID implementations that choke on doing something like this
(DiskSuite and VMS Shadow Volumes come to mind) so it's nice to see that it can
be done here. :)

-brian
--
she manipulates my language			|
the scion of a cunning goddess			| Fridge