Subject: Re: Multi-processor SS20 question
To: Jon Buller <jon@bullers.net>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/30/2002 22:55:42
--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 11:46:12AM -0700, Jon Buller wrote:
> In message <20020830093213.GA16260@nailbunny.mine.nu>, Rasputin
> writes:
> >
> > No, because we don't support SMP yet on Sparc :)
>=20
> Well there is the SMP development branch, which I thought I'd test
> out.=20
>
> Even without that, I was thinking that it might recognize the second
> CPU and not spin it up.  (Or maybe crash when it saw the second one
> was too different from the first.)

the test development branch is called sommerfeld_i386mp.  the i386 in
the name is quite significant.  there is no SMP development branch for
sparc.  all the -current (and probably netbsd-1-6) does is to spin up
the second cpu.  that's all.  you may want to check the following url to
compare various ports' status on SMP, etc. :

  http://netbsd.org/developers/features/

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>   ASCII Ribbon campaign against  /"\=