Subject: Re: cg6 from an ss2 to ss5, ok?
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/30/2002 12:17:01
On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 10:39:40AM +0200, der Mouse wrote:

> Or rather, "almost certainly"; there may be some arcane incompatibility
> lurking, though I have no idea what it could be.  I've never seen
> anything of the sort myself, and I've slung cg6s around between at
> least some six or eight machines.

to my knowledge the cg6 will work in any SBus machine, end of sentence.  there
is an "arcane incompatibility" with some cards, specifically, when i tried to
put a FDDI board in my sparc5, it wouldn't work since there was an
incompatibility between SBus revisions (i need a Sun/NPI FDDI board with a
version of 5.0 or higher) but as far as i know, there is no such incompatibility
with cg6 cards.

-brian
--
she manipulates my language			|
the scion of a cunning goddess			| Fridge