Subject: Re: where is zstty??
To: der Mouse <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Don Yuniskis <auryn@GCI-Net.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/28/2002 02:18:23
> "der Mouse" <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA> wrote:

> >> Did you try /dev/ttya and /dev/ttyb?
> > I did try /dev/ttya (as I need a special Sun wired cable to access
> > ttyb?)

[snip]

> > but didn't have much luck. I may be slow and not have the right baud
> > rate etc or have a broke modem ..
>
> Or a broken serial port, maybe?  If you want to wire up a breakout
> cable yourself, here's the pinout:

My apologies for having already lost the previous messages in the
thread (so, I am unsure regarding  on which model this problem is
manifesting itself), but, is the machine in question one of those that
allows the user to select the voltage/switching levels of the interface?
I.e. is it jumpered for "RS232"?

Apologies if the suggestion is not germane...

--don