Subject: Re: LX with "GX" chip?
To: der Mouse <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Don Yuniskis <auryn@gci-net.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/25/2002 23:08:10
> "der Mouse" <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA> chirped:

> >> !!  I didn't think the GX in a LX was socketed!  [...]
> > [...] I pulled the board out of this one.  It doesn't take a rocket
> > scientist to realize -- once you've seen the solder side of the PCB
> > -- that the socket is "not native".
>
> Oh my. :-/

Well, I said "Oh," but the word that followed it had a few more
letters than your choice...  :-/

[snip]

> This is a 501-2922, with an additional sticker reading "-03REV.51".
> When I get back to my main card collection, I can describe them in more
> detail - if you're still interested then, ping me in a few months,
> around mid-January.

Naw, the LX in question is on its way to an unceremonious burial
courtesy of the local government.  No time to tinker with something
of dubious quality, at best (one has to wonder why it was *in* the
surplus equipment sale, afterall...   :>)

Perhaps somethiing newer/faster will fall in my lap on my next visit.

Thx!
--don