Subject: Re: Large disks on an IPX?
To: port-sparc <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: beaker <beaker@freeshell.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/23/2002 17:32:14
> > I recently put a 9gb scsi drive into my IPX.  However, in trying to
> > newfs it I've run into a problem.
>
> ....  Was the
> disk sold as intended for use on a Sun - or, if it wasn't new, did it
> come from a Sun?  (That is, did it come with a Sun label on it?)

Ya know, I'm having similar difficulties with a 4GB SCSI Drive. It didn't
occur to me that there might be "Sun specific" SCIS drives. Is there
something special needed for use on a sun4c ? The drive in question is as
follows:

---
Fujitsu Model M2954SYU
4GB SCSI Ultra Fast

<snip>

Terminal CN6 options:
  A  short*/open  Spinup @ pwr on / Spinup @ START-STOP UNIT command
  P  short*/open  SCSI bus parity check / no parity check
  D  short/open*  Normal operation / Diagnostic mode

---

Also, I was wondering if I ought to set the bit value to anything in
specific. Currently, its set to "7" (same as another drive on a
workingsun4c box). Lastly, I'm assuming onboard termination should be
enabled, right?

~ Beaker

                      /
                 o  /