Subject: Re: CDROM Errors
To: port-sparc <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: beaker <beaker@freeshell.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/23/2002 01:54:44
>  From my recollection of many years ago, some SCSI devices (at the time
> I was using an Epson GT-series SCSI scanner) flag Unit Attention after
> power-on reset. The SCSI driver I was writing detected this and
> automatically did a Check Condition, after which the device resets Unit
> Attention and works normally (so what you are observing is probably
> completely normal). My recollection may be a little inaccurate however,
> and I can't think of the reason for this device behaviour offhand.

Opps - I left off some of the dmesg stuff. The complete "cd0" message is
below:

 *** Selected output from dmesg ***

 cd0 at scsibus0 target 5 lun 0: <COMPAQ, CD-ROM CR-503BCQ, 1.1c> SCSI2 5/cdrom removable

 cd0(esp0:5:0):  Check Condition on CDB: 0x43 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 0c 40

cd0(esp0:5:0):  Check Condition on CDB: 0x43 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 0c 40
    SENSE KEY:  Illegal Request
    ASC/ASCQ:  Illegal Field in CD

***

Beaker