Subject: Re: old monochrome monitor repair hints?
To: NetBSD/sparc Discussion List <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/15/2002 12:57:06
[ On Thursday, August 15, 2002 at 01:35:49 (-0600), Rick Kelly wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: old monochrome monitor repair hints?
>

> http://www.ppsparts.com/sun-monitors.htm

Hmmm... they have a online price quote request form.  Unfortunately it
doesn't work.  But I'll send them an e-mail ask if they'll take the PS
modules only (I wouldn't want to ship the whole monitor, of course).

> http://www.streetprices.com/Electronics/Computer_Hardware_PC/Monitors/19in/Refurbished/

No sun 19" mono hi-res on that list right now, though perhaps some of
the others are equivalent -- I just wish I knew which.  Does anyone have
a cross-reference between OEM models and manufacturer models?

> A couple years back I knew of a place that sold these for $75US with a 90 day
> warranty.

Amazing.  All the other prices I've seen are up in the $250[usa] range.

If you happen to know if they still have any and whether they'd ship to
Canada, please to let me know!  Even with shipping (I wouldn't really
need overnight) that may be the best way to get a longer lifetime for my
current desktop configuration.

that's what I said about my two now-dead ones too!  :-)

--
								Greg A. Woods