Subject: Re: Man pages for section 4/SPARC?
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/14/2002 07:48:24
> yah, sparc port is lacking in section 4 man pages, much worse than
> most other ports... we're all to blame. :-)

Pheeew, the only sparc driver I ever touched I did a man page for ;-)

But Matt is right, everyone could do it. You don't need any driver level
coding skills or information about the internals of the device (look at the
level of information given in most i386 section 4 man pages).

If you use a device that has no section 4 man page, you know it's name, maybe
SUN part number, how the device is configured into the kernel and what it's
purpose is: go ahead, use an existing man page as a skeleton, fill in the
text you think should be there for your device and file a PR with the result.

Then hold your breath for a few seconds while Thomas Klausner (wiz) fixes the
mandoc formatting and commits it ;-}

Martin