Subject: Re: 1.6 woes (pmap vs. UBC?)
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/09/2002 09:51:02
> It makes me wonder how long NetBSD should try to continue supporting
> the Sun4c line.

As long as there are people using it, someone willing to be portmaster,
etc, I daresay.  It still supports VAXen, and some of those are even
older.  Heck, it does not only sun3 but sun2!  If you want software
that EOLs support for hardware before there's no more such hardware
left, you know where to find it.

> Many of those machines are well over 10 years old now, and I wonder,
> realistically, how many are still in use by developers and testers.

Plenty, to judge by the howls on the list about how slow they've gotten
with this cache change.  If nobody still used them, the _problem_
wouldn't've been noticed, even, much less the other problem caused by
the fix.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign