Subject: Re: 1.6 woes (pmap vs. UBC?)
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/08/2002 11:47:30
>> I basically just stopped using "older" machines, machines that
>> suffered from it, so I stopped noticing it.  But it isn't new,
>> unless I've misunderstood the problem.
> that is my understanding.  i've basically stopped using sun4c's...

I didn't go that far; the IPX is still one of my workhorse machines at
home, and I like 2s and, what was it?, the 4, 5, 20, I think one of
those was a late-model 4c....

It can't _require_ the dog-slow fix I've seen mentioned on the lists,
though; SunOS did fine.  (I wonder if Sun could be talked into opening
SunOS kernel source now that not only SunOS but most of the machines it
runs on are not just dead but buried as commercial products....)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign