Subject: RE: 1.6 woes (pmap vs. UBC?)
To: 'NetBSD/sparc Discussion List' <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Olev Hannula <hannula@hot.ee>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/06/2002 14:50:43
>  Are other sun4c users really avoiding newer NetBSD?  Is that why so
few people have encountered this problem?

Well, I have been running 1.6 on my IPC for a while, but because it has
SCSI tagged queuing support I must use my older hd, wich has no tagged
queuing support (using the newer I got many errors). And yes, i have
that flush problem too, compiling programs gives error 11 sometimes. I
wonder if someone is even working on these errors, since they have been
discussed here weeks ago. My friend has ELC wich has hw flush cache, and
he seems to have no problems at all, and he has ESP100A not ESP100 SCSI
controller like me and has no problems with tagged queuing too. I really
hope these bugs get fixed before 1.6 release.

Olev