Subject: Re: Man pages for section 4/SPARC?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/05/2002 23:12:30
> This is not intended to be incendiary, but I must confess my surprise
> that there are no interface specs documented for talking to, e.g., a
> cgsix, a cgthree or a tcx card on the man page.  Are we at a shortage
> of documenters, or do people not doc as they go (which is
> understandable since it's easy to lose momentum)?

Well, as someone who's done a fair bit of code to talk directly to
framebuffers (especialy the cg6 but more recently also the S24), I can
generate some information on talking to the hardware.  (I hesitate to
try to write the framing manpage, since I've hacked on the drivers a
bit and I'm not sure which hacks have made it into the main tree - nor
which ones are necessary for the other doc to be useful.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign