Subject: Re: pppd question
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/05/2002 16:23:39
> I put in /etc/ppp/bom.chat :

> ABORT BUSY
> ABORT "NO CARRIER"
> ABORT "NO DIALTONE"
> " ATDT########
> CONNECT "

> Aug  5 22:39:06 duey chat[477]: unterminated quote (line 4)

> I'm not surprised in a way since it looks like a " is missing.
> But why doesn't this work?

Uhh...because a " is missing?

> It must be meant to be this way, as it's in the guide?

I'm sorry to have to break it to you, but guides do sometimes contain
mistakes. :-/  What is "the guide" here?  A webpage?  A printed book?
A README file that accompanied something?  I'd say you should report it
to the source of the document - the webmaster for the page, the
author/publisher of the book, the distributor of the "something",
whatever is appropriate for the medium in question.

> I can't get it to work.
> Can anyone help me please?

Well, what is it you want it to do?  "man chat" will likely help, as
that describes, among other things, the format of chat files; it also
gives some examples that look similar to yours, only with quoting done
slightly differently:

	'' ATDT5551212
	TIMEOUT 120
	CONNECT ''

I suspect that using "" instead of '' would work equally well; in the
one known-working chatfile I have easy access to at the moment, "" is
used as an expect string.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign