Subject: Re: 1.6 woes
To: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/29/2002 08:20:02
On Sun, Jul 28, 2002 at 07:08:59PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> I've run for two weeks without a crash.  Other times it won't stay
> running long enough for me to login.  Only very rarely will some other
> program die, such as snmpd, though I can't be sure those other programs
> are not just buggy (I've only done more extensive debugging with XsunMono).
>
> I'm willing to try the patch, but if anyone's seen even one error since
> applying it then I'd have to suggest that it's not really the solution.

Well, after several hours, another Sparc managed to build that pine source
(it didn't crash even once, it just took 5 hours or more), so maybe the
signal 10's on the other machine were caused by some hardware problem.
Manuel's patch enabled me to build things and other than those signals on
one machine, everything has been stable with the patch.

  -jm