Subject: Re: 1.6 woes
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/28/2002 23:07:16
In article <000001c2363a$4d6912d0$0100a8c0@power>
hannula@hot.ee wrote:

> Ok, so to fix the bug we need to disable tagged queuing, will there ever
> be tagged queuing support for older sun4c's (like my IPC)???

Possibly, only ESP100 (not ESP100A or ESP200) has the problem.
ESP100 doesn't have SELATN3 command (which is used to send tag messages)
and on ESP100 tagged queuing is implemented in the different way
(with SELATNS command), so it might have some problem.
But I'm not sure it's seagate specific or generic one.

> Does this
> patch that Manuel Bouyer sent fix the kernel so it works with tagged
> queuing enabled?

No, they are independent problems.
---
Izumi Tsutsui