Subject: Re: 1.6 woes
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Olev Hannula <hannula@hot.ee>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/28/2002 16:25:55
Ok, so to fix the bug we need to disable tagged queuing, will there ever
be tagged queuing support for older sun4c's (like my IPC)??? It was nice
to see after upgrading to 1.6 that dmesg displayed tagged queuing
support (1.5.3 has no idea of this). In theory when a drive supports
tagged queuing, the system is faster, as far as i get it. Does this
patch that Manuel Bouyer sent fix the kernel so it works with tagged
queuing enabled? Or maybe I am chasing something wich has no use (tagged
queuing for my IPC, even if it helps a little it is still making the old
system faster, really hope they get it fixed by 1.6 release if it IS
possible, maybe it is so old HW that esp100 doesn't even support tagged
queuing, don't know).

Olev