Subject: Re: 1.6 woes
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/27/2002 23:08:32
On Sat, Jul 27, 2002 at 03:51:31PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > Ah.  Well, maybe it'll get fixed, then.  As it is, my SS1's are pretty much
> > useless.
>
> Same problem with my SS1+ and IPC

I really hope this gets fixed before 1.6 is released.  Alternatively,
some kind soul could send me a fre SS20's or some such to run NetBSD on ;)

> 1.5.x doens't have problem either. This code has been there for ages, the
> bug seems to have been triggered by UBC. See port-sparc/14180 for more
> details.

I see.  Well, the 1.5ZA kernel you gave me works OK and I built a 1.6beta4
kernel while running it.  The 1.6 kernel also works (I applied the patch
from you) and I'm building pkgsrc stuff with it.  No signal 11's so far..

Still, system time usage seems pretty high to me.. over 50% at times
when running gcc.

> > I guess I should learn to build sparc kernels on i386 (I have no sparcs
> > other than SS1's, sigh).
>
> cd /usr/src
> ./build.sh -t -m sparc
> cd sys/arch/sparc/conf
> /usr/src/tools/obj/tools.*/bin/nbconfig MYKERNEL
> cd ../compile/MYKERNEL
> /usr/src/tools/obj/tools.*/bin/nbmake-sparc depend
> /usr/src/tools/obj/tools.*/bin/nbmake-sparc
>
> It's simple :)

Oh, I'll have to try that :-)  Thanks!

  -jm