Subject: Re: [help] how to spin down sca hdds in SS5
To: Jack Lloyd <lloyd@acm.jhu.edu>
From: Linc Fessenden <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/17/2002 09:40:44
On Wed, 17 Jul 2002, Jack Lloyd wrote:

> > Velcro causes your disks to die?  Huh?
>
> I would presume you meant wrapping the disks. I've seen disks die fast with
> this. An old DNS server we were using chewed through two or three disks in
> a year like this.

Nahh..  I use it for mounts..  When I cannot get a drive to mount where
necessary, I simply  slap a big velcro strip or two on the top of the
drive (flat side) and stick it upside down in the necessary area on the
other half of the velcro strip.  That holds it in place indefinately, and
securely and provides a nice cushin for the drive to boot!

--
-Linc Fessenden