Subject: Re: Setting visuals on Xsun server
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/10/2002 12:00:51
>> I'm running NetBSD on a SS2 with a TGX and grayscale monitor.  I
>> would prefer the Xsun server report only grayscale type visuals

> It is at least possible ( I did exactly this some years ago on a IPX,
> when NetBSD 1.1 was brand new :-) )  The Xserver has a command line
> option that tells it what visual class to use - I used 'static gray'
> ( or something similar ) back then.

Sounds as though you're talking about -cc, and all that changes is
which visual is the default.  Since the monitor actually is grayscale,
in this case Cory wants a way to completely disable everything but the
StaticGray and GrayScale visuals.

I had a quick look and didn't see anything short of hacking on the
source that would do this.  Maybe I missed something....

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign