Subject: Re: pkgsrc and tcsh
To: NetBSD/sparc Discussion List <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/25/2002 21:10:49
On Sat, 25 May 2002, Greg A. Woods wrote:

# Personally I prefer to do upgrades by building a whole new machine from
# scratch, testing it, and then rolling it into production....  When I
# can't do that I usually do a full from-scratch re-install, then
# re-install all the new packages, and finally restore user data.  Theres
# usually a lot more downtime for the latter procedure though.

Doing it right is not always the easy way.

				--*greywolf;
--
Microsoft:	"Where do you want to go today?"
Linux:		"Where do you want to be tomorrow?"