Subject: Re: pkgsrc and tcsh
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/25/2002 11:19:18
On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 04:27:33PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 03:05:14PM +0100, Alex Buell wrote:
> > I've just been playing with pkgsrc, and installed tcsh. Unfortunately it
> > installed the tcsh binary in /usr/pkg/bin, instead of in /bin, as it
> > should be normally. What is the proper way to use the pkgsrc system to
>
> Why do you say it should be in /bin ? It's not a part of the base system.

That's where shells have always gone, and /usr/pkg might not be mounted
in all cases where you need the shell.

I personally don't use the package because I build all shells I use a
lot static and put them in /bin.

I'm not just talking about single user mode: you might be running
/usr/pkg from NFS which could go away temporarily, leaving you without
your favorite shell.

--
UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@widomaker.com