Subject: Re: SS20 network performance, take 2
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Tomi Nylund <wizard@finland.invalid>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/21/2002 00:50:22
eeh@netbsd.org wrote:

[...]

> You seem to have 22% idle time left, assuming this snapshot is pretty
> accurate overall, so you don't seem to be CPU bound.  So, unless your
> test program is single-threaded, where the processor is waiting for
> a response across the network, this seems to be limited by the speed
> of the ethernet controller.
>
> Eduardo

So.. ~2.5 MB/s is the maximum available with SS20+hme's? Very
interesting.
Does someone have the patches Martin talked about a bit earlier?
Seems like a good moment to test them.. The snapshot should be accurate,
I waited pretty long for the numbers to settle.

FWIW, I can do the testing with both SS20 and Ultra-1, if needed.

Regards,

Tomi

PS: Please reply to the mailing list, as my e-mail address is obfuscated
to repel spammers.