Subject: Re: strange sbus cards
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/18/2002 18:29:31
On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 01:02:42PM -0400, der Mouse wrote:

> - Surface-mount chip of approximately 120 pins, with a boxed LSI as
>   logo, labeled with printing
> 	L64853AQC
> 	SPARC DMA+
>
> Looks like the NEC 7210 is it, then. :-)  Now, to figure out how it's
> glued to the SBus...and find 7210 docs.

My guess is that it is stuck on the 'lance' interface of the DMA+.
I have had the datasheet for it, but it isn't obvious at the
moment.

Basically it allows you to connect a device designed for a 16bit
microprocessor bus onto the sbus.  It gives master and slave
access with 24 address lines.

It has an obscure cache to reduce sbus utilisation - usually
transparent, but has special features that benifit the lance.

(we tied the ti token ring chipset up to one a few years ago,
worked a treat.)

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk