Subject: strange sbus cards
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/17/2002 22:20:52
I got some machines recently that were being thrown out.  One of them
was a SS1, which I would have ignored except that it had some SBus
cards I didn't recognize.

IOtech,sbiti at sbus0 slot 1 offset 0x7000 level 1 not configured
ARIEL,S-32C at sbus0 slot 2 offset 0x4000 level 5 not configured

Based on googling for them, I have some guesses:

The IOtech board is probably an IEEE-488 interface of some sort.  The
back-panel connector is physically compatible with HP-IB cables I have
lying around from my hp300 machines, reinforcing this theory.

The ARIEL board is a DSP card.  Its major chip is labeled "WE DSP32C",
reinforcing this theory.  (One list I saw said this is a $3000 board!)

Does anyone know enough to confirm or refute these theories?  Or (hey,
I can dream!) point me at enough docs to actually _do_ anything with
them?

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign