Subject: NetBSD <-> Solaris 8 disklabel compatibility?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/11/2002 01:13:03
Hi,

now that I have adsl and do not need isdn support any more, I am
planning to move my ss10 from Solaris 8 over to NetBSD. Unfortunately,
while NetBSD has no problem reading the partition table aka disklabel
created by Solaris, Solaris 8 pretends not to see the NetBSD created
disklabel.

This leads to the question: What compatibility is left between
NetBSD-current and Solaris when it comes to filesystems? Can I change
a disklabel of NetBSD origin so that Solaris accepts it (the goal here
would be a dual boot machine)? Can I access filesystems (I do not use
acls)?

	       hauke

--
Now without signature.