Subject: Re: SparcStation ipx versus Sparc Classic
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/04/2002 23:30:22
>> NetBSD/sparc needs something akin to sun3's kd device.  wscons is
>> *supposed* to be the Right Fix for this....
> In light of that "inavailability", is there a fallback configuration
> that is "always usable"?

The clsoest I've found is to run a getty on console and another on
ttyb.  If it boots headless, either serial port works; if it boots
headed, you still have a working serial getty on ttyb even though the
console getty is now on the graphics head.

Of course, having a getty on ttyb doesn't help if you want to do
must-be-console stuff like stopping the clock. :-)

> BTW, I picked up a copy of gousses/rames  :>  Thanks!

You're welcome!

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign