Subject: Re: Breaker... Breaker...
To: John Refling <johnr@imageworks.com>
From: Peter Eisch <peter@boku.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/03/2002 18:23:44
> I think this is confusing for new users and irritating
> for everyone else who forgets to unplug their cheap PC
> terminal from the sparc when resetting the PC.

My Xylogics terminal server that I use for remote console does it as well.
If I recall correctly, the cisco 2509-12 will also send a break when it's
coming up and I'd presume that the network module for the current lines
does the same as well.  I guess I'd drive home that it's not just a rare
collection of boxes that do it, it something that people really should be
aware of.

Does anyone know of a PC BIOS that will use the serial as console if no
keyboard is attached?