Subject: Re: Problems with quad ethernet card
To: de SAINT LEGER Rodolphe <rslr@free.fr>
From: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/03/2002 20:06:05
At 12:28 PM +0200 2002/05/03, de SAINT LEGER Rodolphe wrote:

>>  | mainbus0 (root): SUNW,Ultra-1
>>
>>  It's not a 1E.
>
>  Sorry, I thought that the 1E means 1 Enterprise :(
>  (because I own an Ultra-1 Enterprise)

	That would more accurately be referred to as a UE1, as in Ultra
Enterprise 1.  You don't need the U when referring to more modern
UltraSPARC based servers (such as the E250, a.k.a.., UE250), because
there is no earlier model that could potentially have a similar and
confusing name.

	IIRC, the "Enterprise" bit simply means that the machine is
configured more as a server than as a desktop workstation, so it will
tend to have a less powerful video card installed (if any), etc....

	Therefore, you could just refer to this particular machine as a
U1 or Ultra-1, which will avoid the potential confusion with the
older SPARCstation 1 (which is usually referred to as an SS1).

--
Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles@skynet.be>