Subject: Re: SparcStation ipx versus Sparc Classic
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/02/2002 11:12:17
> however, i've had none of the weird & strange crashes i had with an
> IPX (any sun4c for that matter) have never occured since i started
> accumlating & using classics.  :)

You saw those on IPXen?  I saw them on 1, 1+, SLC, ELC, but never on
IPX, 2, etc.

> the built-in twisted-pair is also nice.

...well, if you use twisted-pair; if your house LAN is AUI multiport
repeaters or thinnet, having built-in twisted-pair is pretty useless
(and a pain, because it usurps otherwise potentially useful back-panel
space for a network connection).

Of course, most people these days probably _do_ use twisted-pair.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign