Subject: RE: Problems with quad ethernet card
To: , <rslr@free.fr>
From: Nathan G. Mitchell <nmitchel@nexthop.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/01/2002 20:53:28
The qfe/hme card has been somewhat of a conundrum for me as well.  i =
have many 200MHz ultra1s and a few ultra5s, some with the qfe cards.  =
when installing the -current kernel (which is all the U1/200 will run), =
it hangs after correctly identifying qfe0..3.  i'd probably rather have =
the sbus (u1) one work moreso than the pci (u5) version work, but either =
one would really help me.  some of this hardware is my own; would a =
shell on something connected to the console be of any value to you?  =
i've been failing to make the qfe's work for about a year now, so i'm =
ready to let smarter heads beat on them for a while.
--
nate