Subject: Re: SparcStation ipx versus Sparc Classic
To: Young, Julian <Julian.Young@nl.compuware.com>
From: Christian Smith <csmith@micromuse.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/01/2002 23:57:58
On Wed, 1 May 2002, Young, Julian wrote:

>I have the posiblity of obtaing a SparcStation ipx (hopefully for a song)
>can any one give me a quick comparison on this machine compaired to a
>SparcClasic.

Not sure if this problem affected the Classic, but the IPX and other old
sun4c had poor NVRAM backup batteries, which should be about ready to give
up the ghost anytime now, though I've not seen the problem first hand. The
hardware FAQs will give details of how to remedy the problem.

Lovely little machines, though (my first UNIX experience was with an IPX.)

    /"\
    / \