Subject: Re: SparcStation ipx versus Sparc Classic
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Gregory Leblanc <gleblanc@linuxweasel.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/01/2002 09:48:10
On Wed, 2002-05-01 at 07:22, Young, Julian wrote:
> I have the posiblity of obtaing a SparcStation ipx (hopefully for a song)
> can any one give me a quick comparison on this machine compaired to a
> SparcClasic.

Part 1 of the sun hardware reference should give you quite a few details
of the differences.  http://www.sunhelp.org/faq/sunref1.html

The IPX is a Sun4c, and the Classic is a Sun4m.  Sun will be supporting
Sun4m for at least one more release of Solaris, though if you're running
NetBSD, you probably don't care about that.  The Classic should be a lot
faster, but I wouldn't use either of them for graphical work.
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.