Subject: which ultra to use as wks
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <Tom@Wanka.at>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/24/2002 21:38:05
Hi,

I am looking für a new workstation. There was a discussion
about it some weeks ago, but it does not help me (but to know
that a U60 will stomp a U10 ;)).

As a workstation for wordprocessing, internet browsing, e-mail
and such and to compile a new kernel once in a while, will I
really see a difference using a U5, U10 or U60? Given they all
have the same amount of memory and a CPU with around 350MHz
and 2MB Cache? I know the IDE/SCSI differences.

I can get the U5 for about USD 400, the U10 for USD 800,-- and
the U60 for USD 1200, but I am not shure if spending more than
the U5 is necessary.

TIA

mike