Subject: Re: Upgrading from 1.5.2 to -current?
To: NetBSD/sparc Discussion List <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/24/2002 14:14:14
On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 02:52:12PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> Unfortunately when you're using module aliases in the way we do with the
> NetBSD repository it's critical to start from scratch any time a
> checkout fails in the middle somewhere (unless you know exactly how to
> verify its integrity and fill in any missing bits).  That's something
> that really should be documented too I guess...

Unfortunately that isn't acceptable :-)
It is possible to pull the full cvs tree in over a 56k modem, but
it definitely will take soo long you will lose the connection
at some point.

A cvs update will complete the process - provided you have the
root of each cvs tree present.

Maybe someone should generate a tar file that contains just
enough that cvs update will populate the tree completely.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk