Subject: Re: Nell PCMCIA/PRISM-II on Voyager
To: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/23/2002 08:57:40
> Is the problem just the register accesses or do they share the same interrupt?

Register access. Nell has two interrupt handlers. The hardware can be
confiugred which interrupt to generate for what type of event.

> If it's just the register accesses then you need to wrap all accesses to that
> register with splhigh() or the highest level interrupt the nell card can
> generate.

Which would effectively mean that the low-priority handler would manually
force splhigh, thus blocking the other too. So we could just move both to the
higher interrupt level and be done, right?

Note that the status change interrupts are very low frequency (i.e. card
insertion and removal).

Martin