Subject: Re: Nell PCMCIA/PRISM-II on Voyager
To: None <martin@duskware.de, obrien@gossamer.com>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/22/2002 16:54:13
| I wonder if you get a pcmcia card interrupt while handling a status change
| interrupt and we get the card confused by the intermixed writes to clear
| the (different) interrupt sources in the same register.
|
| Sparc experts: would it be possible to handle both in the same interrupt
| handler, always running at splnet? Would that be a good idea (tm) ?

Is the problem just the register accesses or do they share the same interrupt?

If it's just the register accesses then you need to wrap all accesses to that
register with splhigh() or the highest level interrupt the nell card can
generate.

If the interrupt is shared then things get more interesting.  You can force
all the handlers to the same IPL.  Or you could handle the nell interrupt
at a high level and have it schedule a lower-level soft interrupt for the
devices in the slots.  Or you could do something strange and fake interrupt
levels in software.

Eduardo