Subject: Re: Upgrading from 1.5.2 to -current?
To: NetBSD/sparc Discussion List <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/22/2002 00:25:00
At 1:40 PM -0400 2002/04/21, Greg A. Woods wrote:

>  The documentation is correct however it does not describe your
>  scenario.  You have something in /usr/src -- it clearly says "without
>  having anything in /usr/src".  You're (hopefully) running "cvs update",
>  but the documentation you quote above talks about "cvs checkout".
>
>  "cvs checkout src" creates the directory 'src' and puts stuff in it.
>
>  "cvs update" needs to be run from within a directory created by 'cvs
>  checkout'.

	Let me quote another section from that same document:

| To just update the 1.5 release source tree if you already got one:
|
| % setenv CVSROOT :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot
| % cd /usr
| % cvs login
| password: anoncvs
| % cvs -d $CVSROOT update -rnetbsd-1-5 -PAd src
|

| Or by ssh:
|
| % setenv CVS_RSH ssh
| % setenv CVSROOT anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot
| % cd /usr
| % cvs -d $CVSROOT update -rnetbsd-1-5 -PAd src
|

| To update the 1.5 current source tree, omit the "-rnetbsd-1-5" To
| update the 1.4 release source tree, use "-rnetbsd-1-4"

	Now, if you want to tell me that the documentation is wrong,
that's fine.  However, this is an exceptionally exasperating position
to find myself in after all this time, and I would really, really
appreciate it if someone would update the documentation so that it
was correct.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles@skynet.be>