Subject: Re: Upgrading from 1.5.2 to -current?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/22/2002 01:22:00

	Greg said:

>>  "cvs checkout src" creates the directory 'src' and puts stuff in it.
>>
>>  "cvs update" needs to be run from within a directory created by
>>  'cvs checkout'.

	I do not see how you can arrive at this, based on the
documentation.  The way Greg wrote it, it seems pretty clear:

		1.  If you're doing a checkout, it needs to be done in /usr
		2.  If you're doing an update, it needs to be done in /usr/src

	How can you derive this from the documentation?

	If you can somehow derive this set of statements from the
documentation, I would like to understand how.  If doing so requires
knowledge of CVS, then the documentation is wrong -- no working
knowledge of CVS should be assumed, unless you're going to say that
using -CURRENT is off limits unless you are a CVS expert.

	In that case, would someone *PLEASE* commit the damn hme/qfe
changes to -REL, so that people who just want to use the bloody thing
don't have to update to -CURRENT in order to do it!!!

--
Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles@skynet.be>