Subject: Re: Upgrading from 1.5.2 to -current?
To: Geoff Adams , Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
From: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/21/2002 15:01:55
At 8:20 PM -0400 2002/04/20, Geoff Adams wrote:

>  The 'cvs login' part looks good.
>
>  After that, you'll need to cd into your src directory.

	This is contrary to the "How to Update with CVS" documentation
that I have found in chapter 18.1 in the NetBSD Guide, which in HTML
form in the English language, is located at
<http://www.mclink.it/personal/MG2508/nbsdeng/chap-cvs.html#AEN4890>.
Specifically, it says:

| To get the sources from scratch without having anything in /usr/src
|
| % setenv CVSROOT :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot
| % cd /usr
| % cvs login
| password: anoncvs
| % cvs checkout -rnetbsd-1-5 -PA src
|
| Or do it by ssh, so that the data is encrypted:
|
| % setenv CVS_RSH ssh
| % setenv CVSROOT anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot
| % cd /usr
| % cvs checkout -rnetbsd-1-5 -PA src
|
| This will fetch the source from the 1.5 release branch. To obtain
| the current source just omit "-rnetbsd-1-5" in the last line.

	In my examples, I was starting from the /usr directory, as
specified in the instructions.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles@skynet.be>