Subject: Re: Upgrading from 1.5.2 to -current?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/20/2002 18:54:29
At 7:14 PM +0200 2002/04/19, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

>  Maybe the anoncvs server had a bad config. From which server did you do the
>  checkout ?

	Okay, I extracted the tarballs, and then I tried doing a CVS update:

# setenv CVSROOT :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.fr.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD-CVS
# cvs login
(Logging in to anoncvs@anoncvs.fr.netbsd.org)
CVS password:
# cvs -d $CVSROOT update -PAd src
Protocol error: 'Directory' missingE Protocol error: 'Directory'
missingE protocol error: directory '/cvsroot/basesrc' not within root
'/pub/NetBSD-CVS'

>  Note that if you're doing a checkout out of a non-empty directory it's
>  equivalent to an update. This mean that a an interrupted checkout can't be
>  restarted.

	I don't know what else to do.  So far as I know, I've done
everything that has been suggested.  Unfortunately, nothing has
worked.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles@skynet.be>