Subject: Re: Upgrading from 1.5.2 to -current?
To: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/17/2002 21:27:26
On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 04:09:42PM +0200, Brad Knowles wrote:
> At 3:48 PM +0200 2002/04/17, Brad Knowles wrote:
>
> > 	I seem to recall that you had posted some steps that you had used
> > to build your system.  I'll see if I can find them and adapt them
> > to my situation.
>
> 	I found the instructions that you had previously posted, and
> started with the first step:
>
> % ./build.sh -t
> ===> Bootstrapping nbmake
> checking for gcc... cc
> checking for C compiler default output... a.out
> checking for executable suffix...
> checking for object suffix... o
>
> 	[ ... deletia ... ]
>
> cc  -O -DHAVE_SETENV=1 -DHAVE_STRDUP=1 -DHAVE_STRERROR=1
> -DHAVE_STRFTIME=1 -DHAVE_VSNPRINTF=1  -DMAKE_BOOTSTRAP
> -I/u/src/tools/make/../../usr.bin/make -c
> /u/src/tools/make/../../usr.bin/make/lst.lib/lstSucc.c
> cc  -O -o nbmake *.o
> ===> DESTDIR path:
> ===> TOOLDIR path: /u/tools
> obj ===> tools
> obj ===> tools/host-mkdep
> making /u/src/tools/host-mkdep/obj
> obj ===> tools/.WAIT
> cd: can't cd to /u/src/tools/.WAIT
> *** Error code 2

Just as if it was still using the old make.

I tried a build.sh on a sparc from today's sources, and it managed to compile
the tools at last (I had to halt it), so I suspect there's a problem with your
environnement.
Do you have a program called nbmake or nbmake-sparc somewhere in your PATH ?
can you post the content of your environnement variables (result of
'env' command) ?

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>