Subject: re: nell0 (stp4020) and cvs kernel
To: Antonio Prioglio <a.prioglio@city.ac.uk>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/17/2002 02:16:32

   The system is a sparc classic with a pcmcia sbus card and a pcmcia modem.

   Is an offset of 0x0 normal? If not how can it be set?

   Is there something that can be done about the "fast vector"?

nell & amd aren't compatible currently.  for now, build a kernel
without the 'audioamd' device.

   The only issue I notice from the boot messages is that audioamd0 at sbus0,
   slot 4, offset 0x130000 is again at level 7 (ipl 13) softpri 4.

   TIA for any advice as I'd like to setup this box as a secure firewall for
   a small net.

i have a classic with a nell in it.  :-)  as i have no need for
audio in it, i just turned it off.

actually, looking at the code, you should be able to use both if
you also add:

	options 	AUDIO_C_HANDLER

to the configuration file.  i think this will stop audioamd from
registering a fast trap interrupt handler.

.mrg.