Subject: nell0 (stp4020) and cvs kernel
From: Antonio Prioglio <a.prioglio@city.ac.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/16/2002 15:18:44
After "vital" advice I've done the following

a) build.sh -t
b) /usr/tools/bin/nbmake-sparc cleandir
c) cvs -z5 update -PAd src
d) copied the BILL-THE-CAT config file into CLASSIC
modified to enable DEBUG, nell, com/pcmcia.
e) /usr/tools/bin/nbconfig CLASSIC
f) /usr/tools/bin/nbmake-sparc depend
g) /usr/tools/bin/nbmake-sparc
h) moved netbsd to /netbsd.new
i) rebooted witrh new kernel

When the boot process gets at nell0, sbus0, slot 1, offset 0x0, level 4
(ipl 13) it panics with:
intr_establish: level 13 interrupt tied to fast vector

The system is a sparc classic with a pcmcia sbus card and a pcmcia modem.

Is an offset of 0x0 normal? If not how can it be set?

Is there something that can be done about the "fast vector"?

The only issue I notice from the boot messages is that audioamd0 at sbus0,
slot 4, offset 0x130000 is again at level 7 (ipl 13) softpri 4.

TIA for any advice as I'd like to setup this box as a secure firewall for
a small net.

--
Regards,
Antonio Prioglio [a.prioglio@cbtcentre.co.uk]