Subject: Re: ESP SCSI controller errors?
To: Havard Eidnes <he@netbsd.org>
From: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/09/2002 12:10:23
On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 08:45:48PM +0100, Havard Eidnes wrote:
> > Given that, it sounds like this is "drive rot" rather than "driver rot",
> > but it would be much more interesting to learn what status the drive
> > is returning in this circumstance.  It may be possible to work around
> > it in the driver.
>
> Hm, OK.  We may have to put the "drive upgrade" plan into action.
> However, if you want to have us test a driver tweak to get something
> more intelligible out of the driver I'd be interested in doing that.

I got second drive on my ultra machine and can reproduce the problem
reliably copying from one drive to another.
I found that it's triggered somehow by tagged-queueing and if you turn
it off then the problem goes away.

## FAS supported by esp driver
esp*	at sbus? slot ? offset ? flags 0x00ff0000

should give you that effect, I havn't tested it though because I tweaked
the driver.

	Andrey